Who's Alice?
a mom at G's school
a workout animal
an NPAA competitor
a mentor
a (motivating) friend
I called her up during my 2 week low, and we talked for an hour. I realized that while I really like the trainers at SNFW, they aren't all the same. Some are more knowledgeable about fitness and health, but some of them are straight out of university and still learning. But most of all, they're selling a business. I also couldn't remember WHY i was doing all the exercises i was doing. i just knew that i was sweating A LOT, and i translated that into progress. And once my 15 sessions were over, the fitness manager was trying to sell me another 15 pack. I told Alice how much they were going to charge me..."mind-blown"! Then she told me about Drench.
I knew she had left her corporate job to be a partner at Drench Fit. And I had heard of Brenley (owner) through Facebook posts that people like or comment on (my former dragonboat team train with her). Alice told me about the Transformation Challenge - a 3 month program focussed on small fitness classes (8 max.) targeting specific body areas, meal planning support, infrared sauna treatments, and accountability phone calls with Brenley. Of course there's a cost associated with it...but it was comparable to the cost of 15 personal training sessions (2 months) at SNFW. So I signed up at Drench :P
Why is this going to be different? Because Alice & Brenley have my number. We're Facebook friends. We follow each other on Instagram. I'll see Alice at school and in the 'hood. I'm being held accountable and I have nowhere to hide. I also appreciate the food support. Knowing that the trainers at Drench care about each member, they share all of their knowledge about food and eating and post it on Facebook. Yes, some of it is so ridiculously healthy I could gag. But once in awhile, a picture will catch my eye and i'll bookmark the recipe to see if I can make it work.
I've gone to one class at Drench. There were 5 of us in the class. Since the other 4 were "regulars", the trainer spent time focussing on me and my (poor) technique. I was sweating before the warm-up was over. My knees were shaking after 10 minutes. It was a LEG CLASS, and it was a killer. Thank goodness I'd been going to the gym for the past 3 months...if I'd been a complete newbie, I would probably never go back.
I've had all my measurements taken, and there were more than i expected...the usual inch measurement, plus the scale they use spits out all sorts of useful information. Turns out my body is more 57 vs. 39 years. And I'm super dehydrated. I thought I was doing ok with the water consumption :P So, every 2 weeks, I'll check in at Drench and get new numbers and hopefully see some more progress. All is not lost with my progress at SNFW...my first weigh-in at Drench, and I'm down 9 pounds since i started working out in mid-April :-)
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 weeks and RESULTS
omg, i've cracked the scale! i'm officially under 170 pounds. i've actually lost a total of 16 pounds since i started my workou...
-
at last night's session, i did a weigh-in...only down 1 pound. a bit disheartening, considering how much I've changed my eating hab...
-
one of my motivating factors for getting back into the gym was my new phone. my 2 year contract was up for renewal, so I bought the Samsung...
-
many years ago, when I first joined SNFC, I was told about a Zumba class @ Kingsway with really great instructors. so I checked it out and ...
No comments:
Post a Comment