Tuesday, April 25, 2017

rest

at last night's session, i did a weigh-in...only down 1 pound.  a bit disheartening, considering how much I've changed my eating habits in the past 13 days.  but i realize that i'm building up muscle right now, so i can't expect drastic changes.  i have definitely noticed an improvement in my strength...my first plank, i didn't quite make it to 20 seconds.  3 sessions in, and i'm up to 25 seconds using a bosu ball with newton (my trainer) adding random pressure to test my core.

i'm always gung-ho for something new and exciting, so for me to hit the gym 10/13 days isn't crazy.  it's on days where I know i'm going to falter with my eating choices that I feel like I need to hit the gym after.  it's not even a matter of eating something "bad".  it's just the fact that I ate "out" and I realize that the calories/fat/whatnot add up.  but on the other hand, the body does need a day of rest in-between workouts...especially after intense workouts with newton.

so, today is my MIL's birthday dinner and we're going out for dinner.  I gave newton a heads-up, and he's going to help me narrow down the menu options...I gave him 4-5 options that i'd be willing to settle for.  we'll see what happens when I actually go to order my meal :P  i'm also feeling guilty about this meal ahead of time because i know we're having birthday cake and i can't "off-set" it with a workout.  today is a day of rest...i've earned it :)

#30before40 #strengthtraining #food #1pound #restday

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 weeks and RESULTS

omg, i've cracked the scale! i'm officially under 170 pounds.  i've actually lost a total of 16 pounds since i started my workou...